Located 949m above sea level, Bangalore enjoys a salubrious climate throughout the year. Bangalore is a city of contrasts, going by several aliases - India's Silicon Valley, Pub City, Shopper's Paradise, Garden City, Gourmet's Delight and Shopper's Hot Spot. Bangalore has been extolled in a dozen ways. The city not only plays host to several international IT companies, public sector enterprises, defence organisations and reputed educational and research institutions, but also lays claim to being the hub of India's emerging biotech industry.
RedOak Suites' central location affords easy access to Bangalore's city centre, business districts and main IT parks, making it ideal for travellers of all types. Guests can explore a variety of nearby attractions, including Bangalore Fort, the Krishna Temple and the impressive Mysore Palace. Corporate travellers will appreciate the serviced apartment's proximity to major corporate hubs in Whitefield, Sarjapur and along the Outer Ring Road. Additionally the Bangalore International Airport (HAL) is just 45 minutes away.
Places of historical interest and other attractions:
- Bangalore Fort Located in Bangalore's market area, the remains of this ancient fort, include the preserved gateways and internal palace. One can also examine a number of photographs from different periods of the fort's history.
- Krishna Temple The Krishna Temple is an architectural marvel that serves as a popular destination for religious travellers from around the world. At night, the temple lights up the sky with its brilliant decorations.
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden Bangalore's best-known garden, Lalbagh is a beautiful centrepiece that dates back to historical times. Visit the famed glass house at the center of the Garden for a truly remarkable experience.
- Mysore This neighbouring city hosts the exciting Dasara Festival and is home to the famed Mysore Palace, which was completed in 1912.
- Nandi Temple Located in downtown Bangalore, the Nandi Temple was built in the 16th century and houses an impressive statue of Nandi, the sacred bull.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium Perfect for star gazing. Watch 'The Sky Theatre Show' unfold the marvels of the universe, planets and the solar system.
- Vidhana Soudha An imposing edifice housing the State Legislature and the Secretariat of Karnataka, this is one of the best known landmarks of Bangalore.
- Tipu’s Palace Built in 1791, Tipu Sultan's summer retreat is a two-storied ornate wooden structure with fluted pillars, cusped arches and balconies. It now houses a museum that contains artefacts relating to the Hyder- Tipu regime.
- Other attractions Attara Kacheri, Cubbon Park, Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, IISc., Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum, Venkatappa Art Gallery, Prasanna Anjaneya Temple, Ulsoor Lake, St. Mary's Church, Sheshadri Iyer Memorial Hall, etc.